2014 International Conference on Infectious Diseases and Cancer
Welcome Message from the Chairman of the Conference
Dear Colleagues and Friends,July 14, 2014
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, I would like to invite you to register and attend the “2014 International Conference on Infectious Diseases and Cancer” which will be held at the Kaohsiung Medical University (KMU) from October 17-18, 2014. This conference is part of the celebration of the 60th anniversary of KMU.
The conference focuses on important pathogens related to cancer and its tumorigenesis mechanism. Many famous scientists in this field have committed to come to KMU to give seminars including Prof. Harald zur Hausen (2008 Nobel laureate), Prof. David Ho (Rockefeller University), Prof. Max Essex (Harvard School of Public Health), Prof. Hsing-Jien Kung (NHRI), Prof. Herbert Pfister (University Cologne), Prof. Vineet KewalRamani (National Cancer Institute) and Prof. Jonathan Powell (Johns Hopkins University). Besides, several principle investigators from our center will also give talks.
It is important that you can join us in the conference to share your valuable views on subjects of mutual interest relating to main themes. I sincere hope that you can submit your abstracts for the poster section and we will select the top three posters and give awards.
Looking forward to seeing you and interact with you at the conference and welcome to the Southern capital of Taiwan-Kaohsiung.
Yi-Ming Arthur Chen, M.D., Sc.D.
Vice President of Kaohsiung Medical University (KMU)
Director, Center for Infectious Disease and Cancer Research (CICAR), KMU
Distinguished Professor, Institute of Medical Research of College of Medicine, KMU
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) – Cervical cancer
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) – AIDS defining cancer
- Hepatitis infection (HBV, HCV) – Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Helicobacter pylori – Gastric cancer
- Cancer with possible infectious agents
- Prof. Harald zur Hausen (2008 Nobel Laureate for Physiology or Medicine)
- Prof. David D. Ho (Rockefeller University / Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center)
- Prof. Myron E. Essex (Lasker Awards / Chairman, Harvard AIDS Institute)
- Prof. Vineet N. KewalRamani (National Cancer Institute, American)
- Prof. Herbert Pfister (Director, Institute of Virology Medical Faculty, University of Cologne)
- Prof. Hsing-Jien Kung (President and Distinguished Investigator, National Health Research Institutes)
- Prof. Yi-Ming Chen (Vice President of Kaohsiung Medical University / Director, Center for Infectious Disease and Cancer Research)
- Prof. Li-Tzong Chen (Distinguished Investigator and Director, National Institute of Cancer Research, NHRI)
- Prof. Jonathan D. Powell (Professor, Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins Medicine)
- Prof. Ming-Lung Yu (Vice Superintendent, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital)
- Prof. Chia-Yen Dai (Faculty of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University)
- Asst. Prof. Chia-Hung Yen (Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy / Kaohsiung Medical University)
- Prof. Takashi Fujita (Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University)
- Prof. Kazunari K. Yokoyama (Institute of Molecular Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University)
- Asst. Prof. Pei-Ching Chang (Assistant Professor, Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang-Ming University)
October 17-18, 2014
Mendel Conference Hall, International Academic Research Building, Kaohsiung Medical University